Just five ingredients is all you need for this simple kale smoothie! Offering protein, veggies, fruit and a bit of whole grains, this healthy smoothie is the perfect way to start off the day!
This simple kale smoothie also has pineapple and banana in it, giving it a bit of a tropical twist! If you like adding toppings to your smoothie, here are some of my favorites that play off the tropical flavors:
Smoothie Topping Ideas:
- Toasted coconut
- Toasted and chopped macadamia nuts
- Fresh kiwi and blueberries
- Splash of coconut milk
- Scoop of almond butter
How do you make a simple kale smoothie?
- Always add your liquid to the blender first, this helps everything blend up smoothly without having to aid the blending process too much.
- Use fresh or frozen kale. Either work just fine, but frozen is great to always have on hand for last minute breakfasts!
- Add some natural sweetness from fruit! Here I use banana and pineapple, but you can use whatever you have on hand. I recommend mango, peach, kiwi or banana.
- Add protein. I like to use yogurt for it’s thickness and for a bit of tang. But you could definitely use protein powder or tofu.
- Put everything in a blender and blend until super smooth!
Love smoothies?! Check out these other smoothie recipes!
Make sure to tag me @ZESTFULKITCHEN ON INSTAGRAM or comment below if you make this 5-ingredient green smoothie!
To pin this recipe and save it for later, you can click the button on any of the photos, or the red button below the recipe. Happy cooking!
Kale & Pineapple Smoothie
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Total Time: 5 minutes
- Yield: 2⅓ cups (1 serving) 1x
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Blend
- Cuisine: American
This quick-to-fix smoothie only requires 5-ingredients! It offers protein, fruit, veggies and even whole grains! Blend it up and be out the door in just 5 minutes.
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup pineapple chunks (fresh or frozen)
- 1 cup chopped kale (fresh or frozen)
- 1 ripe banana (fresh or frozen)
- ¼ cup old-fashioned oats (certified gluten-free if needed)
- ¼ cup plain nonfat Greek yogurt
Pour water into blender followed by pineapple, kale, banana, and oats. Blend until smooth then add yogurt and blend until completely incorporated.
For best processing, always start by adding the liquid to the blender first followed by remaining ingredients.
Make it vegan:
- Use almond or coconut yogurt in place of Greek yogurt.
- Calories: 266
- Sugar: 30g
- Sodium: 57mg
- Fat: 1g
- Carbohydrates: 60g
- Fiber: 7g
- Protein: 10g
- Cholesterol: 4mg
Keywords: Healthy Smoothie, Kale Smoothie