This simple kale smoothie also has pineapple and banana in it, giving it a bit of a tropical twist! If you like adding toppings to your smoothie, here are some of my favorites that play off the tropical flavors:
Smoothie Topping Ideas:
- Toasted coconut
- Toasted and chopped macadamia nuts
- Fresh kiwi and blueberries
- Splash of coconut milk
- Scoop of almond butter
How do you make a simple kale smoothie?
Love smoothies?! Check out these other smoothie recipes!
This quick-to-fix smoothie only requires 5-ingredients! It offers protein, fruit, veggies and even whole grains! Blend it up and be out the door in just 5 minutes.
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup pineapple chunks (fresh or frozen)
- 1 cup chopped kale (fresh or frozen)
- 1 ripe banana (fresh or frozen)
- ¼ cup old-fashioned oats (certified gluten-free if needed)
- ¼ cup plain nonfat Greek yogurt
Pour water into blender followed by pineapple, kale, banana, and oats. Blend until smooth then add yogurt and blend until completely incorporated.
For best processing, always start by adding the liquid to the blender first followed by remaining ingredients.
Make it vegan:
- Use almond or coconut yogurt in place of Greek yogurt.
- Calories: 266
- Sugar: 30g
- Sodium: 57mg
- Fat: 1g
- Carbohydrates: 60g
- Fiber: 7g
- Protein: 10g
- Cholesterol: 4mg
Keywords: Healthy Smoothie, Kale Smoothie