This Mango Banana Smoothie requires just four ingredients, comes together in minutes, and is full of nutrients and fiber! It’s also vegan (use nut milk) and gluten-free.
What you need for a mango banana smoothie:
- Frozen banana (fresh works too, just add a few ice cubes to maintain a thick texture)
- Frozen mango
- Milk (I prefer nut milk for the flavor and texture, but you can use whatever kind of milk you prefer)
- Almond butter
- Water (I like to use both milk and water, if you want a super creamy smoothie, skip the water and increase the milk by 1/2 cup)
Tips for making the best smoothies:
- A short ingredient list is best.
- Frozen mango and/or frozen banana add a soft fluffy texture. Fresh diced zucchini also add a fluffy texture.
- Almond butter adds depth of flavor, protein and healthy fat.
- Oats add body, silky texture, and fiber.
- Veggies are easy to incorporate and do not take away from the flavor. Try using grated carrot, diced zucchini, spinach or kale.
- At least ½ cup of water or milk is essential for easy blending, smooth texture, and drinkability.
- For best blending, always start by adding the liquid to the blender first followed by remaining ingredients.
Meal prep tips mango banana smoothies:
Portion out individual smoothie servings into reusable resealable bags. Store in the freezer.
Keep nut milk on hand, or freeze into cubes and use as needed.
Love smoothies?! Check out these other smoothie recipes!
Make sure to tag me @ZESTFULKITCHEN ON INSTAGRAM or comment below if you make this mango banana smoothie!
To pin this recipe and save it for later, you can click the button on any of the photos, or the red button below the recipe. Happy cooking!
- ½ cup milk (any kind)
- ½ cup water
- 1 cup frozen mango chunks
- 1 ripe banana, frozen
- 1 tablespoon almond butter
Pour milk and water into blender followed by remaining ingredients.
Blend until smooth.
I freeze my bananas when they get overripe so I always have ripe frozen bananas on hand for smoothies. If you only have a fresh banana that will work as well, just throw in a few ice cubes if you like your smoothies extra cold.