I’ve got another Farmer’s Market salad for you, just in time for the weekend! Here is Des Moines, the downtown Farmer’s Market is held every Saturday morning, which has become ritualistic for the weekends I am in town.
Packed with vibrant produce, live music, and the various food vendors, it’s definitely one of my favorite parts of the week. What better way to start a Saturday morning than meandering through the streets looking for watermelon slices and gorgeous bunches of kale?
I was surprised this past week to find a few vendors still selling asparagus, as I had been sure that the season was nearing an end. I grabbed a bunch last minute and figured I would find something to do with it. So here it is, making an appearance in this Sweet Corn Salad alongside bright red cherry tomatoes, toasted pecans, and fresh basil (green beans or edamame make a great stand in if you can’t find fresh asparagus). Tossed with a simple yogurt dressing, you’ll be surprised at the flavor packed into this salad.
Sweet Corn Salad with Asparagus & Tomatoes
- Cook Time: 25 mins
- Total Time: 25 mins
- Yield: 8 cups 1x
- 4 ears sweet corn, kernels cut from cobs (4½ cups)
- 2 cups quartered grape tomatoes
- 1 bunch asparagus, sliced into ¼-inch pieces (1¼ cup)
- 1 cup diced red onion
- ⅔ cup chopped pecans, toasted
- ¼ cup chopped fresh basil
- ¼ cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh garlic
- ½ teaspoon honey
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- Black pepper to taste
- Combine corn, tomatoes, asparagus, onion, pecans, and basil in a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl whisk together yogurt, oil, vinegar, garlic, honey, and salt; season with pepper and toss with salad to coat.
- Chill until ready to serve.
Keeps up to 5 days refrigerated in an airtight container.