This smoked salmon platter makes an elegant appetizer or gorgeous brunch spread. Mix and match the toppings by using what’s in season and what you have on hand.
- 8 ounces plain cream cheese, crème fraîche or sour cream
- 1 heaping tablespoon chopped fresh dill, plus more for serving
- Freshly cracked black pepper
- 1 (2–3-ounce) jar capers, drained
- 1 recipe buckwheat blini (or bagels/crackers of choice)
- 12 ounces cold-smoked salmon or lox
- ⅓ cup chopped chives
- Fresh orange segments or berries
- Minced shallot or red onion
- Soft boiled eggs (6-minute eggs) or minced hard boiled eggs
- Sliced cucumber
- Salted butter
- Jam/honey/maple syrup
Combine cream cheese, dill, and ½ teaspoon black pepper; season with additional dill and black pepper to taste. Transfer cream cheese to small serving bowl and set on larger platter. Add capers to separate small bowl and arrange on platter.
Cook blini according to recipe instructions. Arrange blini (or bagels/crackers), smoked salmon, and chives on platter around cream cheese. Garnish platter with fresh dill. (Add orange segments, if using to a small bowl and arrange on platter).
Gluten-free: make blini with oat flour or 1:1 gluten-free flour blend. Or serve with gluten-free crackers.
Cook time listed includes blini cook time. If you opt for crackers or bagels, the cook time will be 0 minutes and this recipe will be ready in 10 minutes.
- Serving Size: 1/6 of the recipe
- Calories: 495
- Sugar: 5g
- Sodium: 1245mg
- Fat: 26g
- Saturated Fat: 12g
- Carbohydrates: 19g
- Fiber: 2g
- Protein: 39g
- Cholesterol: 123mg
Keywords: smoked salmon platter, smoked salmon appetizer, salmon platter, salmon recipe, salmon appetizer