There’s no better time to mix up a tequila cocktail (or two) than on Cinco de Mayo! This list of more than 33 drinks features classic cocktails, traditional Mexican drinks, beer cocktails, and of course a fair share of unique margarita recipes, palomas, martinis and more.
There’s even a few Cinco de Mayo drinks without tequila and some non-alcoholic options for those who want to celebrate booze-free!
Common Ingredients Needed
- Tequila (blanco or reposado)
- Fresh-squeezed lime juice
- Orange liqueur (such as Grand Marnier, Gran Gala, triple sec, Cointreau)
- Simple syrup (we love a honey simple syrup—1:1 honey to water)
- Agave Nectar (aka agave syrup)
- Kosher salt (for rimming the glasses)
Fill out the rest of the menu: Mexican Food Recipes
Check out these Cinco de Mayo recipes including appetizers, main dishes and even a desserts. Mix and match the recipes to create a menu that's perfect for your Cinco de Mayo celebration.
And if you still don't find something that strikes a cord, check out all of my Mexican recipes, you're sure to find something!
- ZK's Secret Ingredient Guacamole + 11 Ways to Use Guac
- Cauliflower "Steaks" with Mexican Chimichurri
- Spicy Harissa Lamb Tacos
- Baked Poblano Chiles Rellenos with Roasted Salsa Verde
- Cilantro Lime Brown Rice
- Mexican Chocolate Cookies with Raspberries & Millet
- Roasted Tomatillo Salsa Verde
- Margarita Cornmeal Cookies with White Chocolate Glaze
- Instant Pot Salsa Verde Chicken
This article was originally written on May 2, 2019. It was updated April 2, 2021.