When fresh Georgia peaches are in season, this Georgia Peach Cocktail is on the menu! Fresh peaches get muddled with basil and almond syrup to create a fresh and island-inspired rum drink.
What is a Georgia Peach Cocktail?
If you’re looking for a copycat recipe for the popular Cheesecake Factory Cocktail, this isn’t it. That recipe uses vodka, peach liqueur, and grenadine. Our recipe is arguably more “Georgia” and is very daiquiri-esque.
Our Georgia Peach Cocktail is a muddled peach cocktail infused with fresh basil, almond and ginger. It’s best when made with añejo rum, but if you prefer bourbon, that will work as well.
How to Make a Georgia Peach Cocktail
- Fresh peaches
- Fresh basil leaves
- Orgeat (almond syrup)
- Kosher salt or flaky salt
- Añejo rum (or bourbon)
- Fresh lemon juice
- Ginger liqueur (such as Domaine de Canton)
- Strain, Garnish and Serve
In a cocktail shaker, muddle the fresh peaches, basil, Orgeat and pinch of salt.
Add the rum, lemon juice and ginger liqueur.
Fill the shaker with ice, secure lid, and shake vigorously to chill.
Pour the drink through a cocktail strainer into a rocks glass filled with ice. Garnish with a peach slice and/or thyme sprig. Serve immediately.
More Cocktails to Try
If you’re looking for another way to use up some fresh peaches, try this Peach and Thyme Spritz! Made with vodka, it’s a refreshing summer sipper.
Georgia Peach Cocktail
- ¼ large peach, chopped (or ½ of a small peach)
- 2 small basil leaves
- ½ ounce orgeat (almond syrup)
- pinch flaky salt
- 1½ ounce añejo rum
- ¾ ounce fresh lemon juice
- ¾ ounce ginger liqueur, such as Domaine de Canton
- In a cocktail shaker, muddle peach, basil, orgeat and pinch of salt until peach is crushed and jammy.
- Add rum, lemon juice, and ginger liqueur to shaker.
- Fill shaker with ice and shake vigorously to chill.
- Strain cocktail into an ice-filled rocks glass. Garnish with a peach slice and enjoy!