This vibrant lemon vinaigrette needs to be a staple in your kitchen! Featuring fresh parsley, you can use whatever herb you like or have on hand. This is a great homemade vinaigrette recipe to make at the beginning of the week to use on salads, veggies, and grains bowls.
This recipe is:
- Quick and easy
What ingredients you’ll need:
- Good olive oil
- Fresh lemon juice—you can also add minced lemon zest if you want even more pop and lemon flavor!
- Fresh herbs—I recommend parsley because of it’s freshness and versatility, but use whatever you like or have on hand.
- Shallot—you can also use scallions.
- Dijon mustard—essential for flavor and emulsifying the vinaigrette.
- Honey—use pure maple syrup instead of honey to make this vinaigrette vegan.
How to make lemon vinaigrette:
Making your own vinaigrette is one of those things that just needs to happen more often. Is it easy to use store bought dressings and vinaigrettes? Sure. Is it easy and WAY more delicious to make a big batch of vinaigrette and use it throughout the week? ABSO-FRICKIN-LUTELY.
Making a homemade vinaigrette is easy. I make one almost every night. All you need is something acidic (vinegar or lemon), some aromatics (garlic and or shallot), a dash of sweetness (honey or maple syrup), Dijon mustard, and of course good extra-virgin olive oil. Herbs are always a great addition, just use whatever you have on hand.
For this recipe, combine everything in a small bowl, whisk together and season with salt and pepper. Alternatively, if you are making a big batch or plan on having leftovers and would like to keep it for later use, make the vinaigrette in a glass ball jar with a lid. Add everything to the jar, secure the lid, and give it a good shake to combine.
How to store lemon vinaigrette?
Lemon vinaigrette should be stored in the refrigerator. I prefer to store homemade vinaigrettes and salad dressings in glass containers with a tight fitting lid or covered with plastic wrap.
Stored this way, lemon vinaigrette will last up to two weeks in the refrigerator.
What to use this vinaigrette on:
- Any kind of green salad! Kale, arugula, romaine, whatever greens you have will gladly get doused with this gold.
- Drizzle over grilled, sautéed, or roasted veggies like these Roasted Green Beans, Garlicky Brussels Sprouts or Grilled Asparagus.
- Toss with shaved fennel for a quick salad.
- Drizzle over cooked and cubes potatoes for a no-fuss potato salad.
- Use it as a marinade for chicken or beans.
Or use it in place of the dressing in any of these salad recipes:
- Peach & Burrata Salad
- The BEST Kale Salad with Cherries and Brie
- Grapefruit & Avocado Salad
- Green Salad with Oranges & Candied Pistachios
- Kale & Apple Salad
How do you like to use lemon vinaigrette? Let me know in the comments below!
Favorite salad dressing and vinaigrette recipes you may like…
- Classic Vinaigrette (aka ZK’s House Vinaigrette)
- Grapefruit Cardamom Vinaigrette
- Italian Vinaigrette
- White Balsamic Vinaigrette
- Toasted Cumin Vinaigrette
- Healthy Blue Cheese Dressing
- Crème Fraîche Dressing
- Green Goddess Dressing
Make sure to tag me @ZESTFULKITCHEN ON INSTAGRAM or comment below if you make this Lemon Vinaigrette recipe!
To pin this recipe and save it for later, you can click the button on any of the photos, or the red button on the side bar or below the recipe. Happy cooking!Print
Vibrant and zesty, this lemon vinaigrette is a great go-to recipe to keep on hand throughout the week for salads, roasted veggies, grain bowls and more!
Store in an air-tight container in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.
- Serving Size: 2 tablespoons
- Calories: 109
- Sugar: 1.5g
- Sodium: 33mg
- Fat: 11g
- Saturated Fat: 1.5g
- Carbohydrates: 2.5g
- Fiber: 0g
- Protein: 0.5g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
Keywords: lemon vinaigrette, homemade dressing, homemade vinaigrette